Translate

Monday, October 22, 2012

Prelude to Thanksgiving

As we look forward to Thanksgiving we can be thankful for the bountiful blessings God provides us.  So many times we take for granted even the simplest of blessings because we expext them instead of being grateful for them. 

Since we have another month until Thanksgiving I want to start now by preparing my heart for being thankful.  I want to become thankful for even the tiniest of things in my life. 

When I drink a glass of water I want to be thankful I have that glass of water.  I want to be thankful that I didn't have to go to a well, or across town, or for miles to get that glass of water.  And then I want to pray for all the people who are not able to turn on the faucet and have clear, clean running water. 

When I am hungry I want to be thankful I can go to my pantry or refrigerator and satisfy that very basic need.  Then I want to pray for all the people around the world who can't do that.  There are too many to count who go without basic needs every day. 

When it is cold outside I want to be thankful I can be warm inside.  For everyday I wake up I want to be thankful.  For everyday I am not sick or in pain I want to be thankful.  For a loving family I want to be thankful.  May we never take each other for granted. 

I hope if you are reading this you are thankful.  Start your own mental list of what you are thankful for. And, next month when Thanksgiving comes around I wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving. 

 

1 comment: