Translate

Saturday, November 3, 2012

When Love Hurts

Ouch!  Sometimes Love hurts  like when I  read this scripture.  Luke 6:27-28 says "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you."

When someone at work is mean I would like to get even, but God says he doesn't like that.  When someone curses me I would love to blast them right back.  When someone lies about me or mistreats me I would like to see the same thing happen to them.  Yes those thoughts fly through my mind before I can capture them and remind myself who is in charge of my life.  Yes.  God tells me to love my enemies, He tells me to be good to them when they are bad to me. 

Not easy things to do but necessary.  Why do I say it is necessary?  Because if I want God's mercy and goodness shown to me I need to show mercy and goodness to others including those who hate me and mistreat me.  It is not easy but it is the right thing to do.  Love your enemies.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment